The app Homegroup on Windows 7 lets users share files with other devices running on windows 7 platform with ease. However, if you keep this feature active, it will consume system resources in excess, and will make your computer slow. Therefore, it is better to keep the feature disabled if you don’t find any use with it. Try the following steps to enhance your system performance and avoid any possible Microsoft problems.
• To begin with, select the Start button from the bottom left end of the task bar on your desktop. Right click on Computer and select the Explore option to launch the Windows Explorer.
• From the Windows Explorer window, select the option Homegroup. You will find Homegroup located on to the left hand side of the navigation pane. Select Homegroup to launch Change Homegroup Settings.
• Click on the link Leave the Homegroup, if you already have Homegroup network set up in your system. Leave your current Homegroup network by clicking on the Leave the Homegroup link.
• Make sure that you have created one before you disable your Homegroup network. Set up your Homegroup network by clicking on the link Create a Homegroup button in the page. Make sure that you follow the onscreen instructions to the last word to set up a working Homegroup network. Go back to the Windows Explorer page once you are done with setting up your Homegroup network.
• Re-launch the Start menu after closing the windows explorer window. Enter the keywords services.msc in the search space and hit Enter. Wait for the Services window to open up.
• Try locating the Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider from the services list. Custom set the Properties of Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider by accessing the Properties window which again can be accessed by double clicking on them.
• Custom set the Startup type by changing the option from manual to disabled. Once you are done changing, hit the Stop button in the services status, and click apply to bring the changes into effect.
• Reopen the Windows Explorer window after you have closed the Services tab. You will no more see the Homegroup icon on the navigation pane one you are done with resetting.
Follow these Microsoft Help and Support guidelines, and get rid of those annoying Microsoft problems.